SmokePing integrate with Observium
Observium is a low-maintenance auto-discovering network monitoring platform supporting a wide range of device types, platforms and operating systems including Cisco, Windows, Linux, HP, Juniper, Dell, FreeBSD, Brocade, Netscaler, NetApp and many more. Observium focuses on providing a beautiful and powerful yet simple and intuitive interface to the health and status of your network.
SmokePing keeps track of your network latency:
- Best of breed latency visualisation.
- Interactive graph explorer.
- Wide range of latency measurement plugins.
- Master/Slave System for distributed measurement.
- Highly configurable alerting system.
- Live Latency Charts with the most 'interesting' graphs.
- Free and OpenSource Software written in Perl written by Tobi Oetiker, the creator of MRTG and RRDtool
1. Install SmokePing.Ubuntu:
2. Open with a text editor (joe,nano,pico…) the file:
and add the path to the location where rdd files will be created
3. Generate smokeping config for all the host in Observium
If you don't have generate-smokeping.php you can download from here:
On some configurations i get error running the above script and i replace:
4. Restart smokepingUbuntu:
If all goes well you'll see a new entry Ping (between Ports and Inventory) in menu in device page.
If you want to see default smokeping page go to http://your_observium/smokeping/smokeping.cgi.
Because this page is not protected you must configure your apache server to allow access from localhost or other ip's or remove smokeping configuration from apache conf.d.